Eurail.com is a fast growing company that sells train passes online worldwide, with which travellers can visit Europe by train for a few days or a few weeks. Main products are InterRail passes for European residents and Eurail passes for the rest of the world.
Eurail.com belongs to one of the 50 largest internet companies in the Netherlands (located in Utrecht) with the yearly turnover of 60 million euro.
Running 3 ecommerce websites: www.eurail.com, www.interrail.eu and www.germanrailpasses.com
What and Why?
Eurail was experiencing the problems with their previous supplier in support, maintenance of the websites and in development of new features. Outstanding downtimes of the web applications leaded to the drops in sales.
They were looking for a reliable technical partner who could fulfill the existing gaps and who could act as a technical adviser and integrator in the long-term relations.
- Audit of the code, security bug fixing
- Onboarding on a new platform - Acquia Cloud Enterprise
- Performance testing with BlazeMeter
- 24/7 SLA Support
- Complete Drupal 6 to Drupal 7 migration
- Agile development
- CDN integration
- Drupal Commerce integration
- Ecommerce migration into Drupal
- Eurail team
- Adyax engagement, development and support teams
- Partnership with Commerce Guys
- Start: March 2013
- 1 month of Onboarding
- 7 months of re-development/migration to Drupal 7
- 1.5 years of Support
- 7 months for ecommerce migration to Drupal Commerce
- Strategy and development plan up to 2017
Results and Learnings?
- No downtime
- Stable sales
- Improved user experience, content management
- Ecommerce flows optimized
More learnings will be presented by the IT manager of the Eurail.com - Hugo Knobbout, who kindly agreed to assist Adyax in presentation on the conference.