There are several ways in which you can learn, ‘how to build a Drupal site’, this session focusses on, ‘how NOT to build a Drupal site’!
This session talks about the bad, worse and worst practices which many novice developers are vulnerable to follow. Such practices are followed simply due to lack of awareness of their implications or to take shortcuts to achieve desired behavior in a site.
The session highlights the practices which have a potential to bring your site down when you need it the most!!
In my 8 years of Drupal career, I have burnt countless nights solving issues on Drupal sites built by others, just because someone followed bad practices while building the sites!
This session summarizes this experience and provides a nice consolidated ‘NOT TO DO’ list to developers and site builders.
This session will cover:
- How NOT to plan, design and architect a Drupal site
- What NOT to do when building a Drupal Site
- What NOT to do when creating a custom theme
- What NOT to do when writing custom code
- Which configuration settings should NOT be left on live sites
- How NOT to host a Drupal site
- How NOT to maintain and manage a Drupal site
At the end of the session you will take away a nice handy list of what NOT to do on your next Drupal projects. Then, you can spend your evenings the way you want to and NOT for solving issues!