Open source becomes more and more important in an age where the web is mainly run by companies. At the same time, as more normal people are interested in keeping their stuff safe and secure, design and user experience is a key point of the success of software projects.
Luckily it’s not that bad anymore. There are quite a few designers working in open soure now – but we need more! And we need to work together!
I worked as designer with lots of open source software projects and will present the methods I use every day at ownCloud to improve open source design.
Some topics I will cover:
* how to establish a design culture in your project
* how to work together with developers
* making designers develop and developers design
* getting university students involved
* the importance of cross-project collaboration