My name is Aimee and I am CEO and co-founder of Hook 42, a boutique agency specializing in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), complex Drupal installations, and Multilingual Drupal websites.
I have a long history in large scale enterprise applications (email, web servers, storage) and began specializing in Content Management Systems in 1997. It has been a long and wild ride! In 2008 I started using Drupal and haven't stopped since. I love the community and the ability to make a difference on the product. Thank you, open source!!
I'm currently writing the Drupal 8 Multilingual Websites book for Packt Publishing, boldly picking up the baton from my business partner Kristen Pol, who wrote the Drupal 7 Multilingual Websites book for Packt. :)
I have a passion for teaching, education, and providing opportunity for other similarly passionate individuals. It has been a great honor and pleasure to work with the Drupal community to share knowledge to the best of my ability.
On the personal side of things, I am a competitive ballroom dancer, cat lover, and sci-fi / fantasy reader. If you are at DrupalCon and would like to waltz or cha-cha (or any of the ballroom dances), I'm game. Just ask and we can find a corner of floor to boogie. :)
Here are some professional statistics about my career and work history.
Speaker's Certifications & Education:
- Certified Project Management Professional, PMI.org. - 2006
- Stanford Certified Project Manager / Advanced Project Management - 2006
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Certified Microsoft Technical Specialist - MS Project (and a bunch of other old MS tech)
- Business Analyst Education - IIBA.org
- Business Process Improvement - Performance Design Labs / Rummler Process (pre Six Sigma).
- University: Kinesiology / Physiotherapy, Psychology. ;)
Beyond the Certs - Real World Experience:
- CEO & Co-founder of an 8 person Drupal shop in San Francisco, Hook 42. A small team with big enterprise experience.
- Ran own freelance company working with large enterprise clients.
- Worked at and with full service agencies as a vendor manager, Managing Architect, and partner.
- Large enterprise applications architect, project, program, and portfolio manager at a bunch of big name companies.
- Specialized in large enterprise collaboration applications, knowledge management, process automation, and web technologies since 1997.
- Industries include: Agencies, Entertainment Software, Healthcare, Retail/E-Commerce, Security, Industrial / Commercial Software